You Are Not Alone
Life has a way to chip away at us day by day, it seems it is a never ending lonely highway with no end in sight. Some of us are just born to naturally take these challenges and move right through them as if it were nothing. And then there are those of us that get frustrated, overwhelmed and just plain knocked down by these challenges. There are so many things that seem to become obstacles like the economy, the way our society has changed around us, politics, health issues and the list can go on. This extremely long road to nowhere quite often seems hopeless for some but don’t give up hope, you are not alone, there are people who care whether it is a friend, family or an outsider that is ready to help.
There are many reasons we can feel isolated, like any and all problems rest solely on our shoulders and no one else can help. Pride is a big reason, we feel we have to handle it completely alone to make whatever better. Then there is embarrassment and shame that is quite often the number one reason we won’t reach out for help. There are those that are trying to take care of their family and or raise their kids all on their own that feel like the world is against them, that you just can’t get a break no matter how hard you try. But I can tell you that isn’t the case, yes bad things can happen and often it seems like no sooner than you get one leak in the pipe fixed another is springing but you can overcome it by never giving up. It seems easier to just quit and give up but when you really think about your options, the obvious is like a writing on the wall. You could become a homeless person, give up what you do have and take on a new set of struggles. Suicide is definitely not the answer but many consider it but then you are hurting everyone around you not to mention possible repercussions from the religious aspect of it. Your other option is to do something about what is bringing you down, dig deep into yourself and find what needs to be fixed, reach out for help and start your way to success.
There are many tips and advice out on the web and I would suggest looking them up but even that can be overwhelming but I have listed a few I think hits the primary target, to at least get started on.
- Get off to a Good Start, get up early, eat breakfast
- Keep a Schedule
- Take a Break and have Fun
- Be Generous, kind and good to others
- Accept the things you can’t Change, worrying over something you can’t change is pointless
- Break the Chain, change your patterns, mix it up a little and make life a variety
- Face your Fears
- Have Goals but Live for the Now. Goals are good but never put all your eggs in one basket
- Don’t Procrastinate
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Stay focused with to-do lists
- Acknowledge your flaws
- Learn from people who inspire you
- Let go of the past, again it’s pointless to worry over something you can’t change
- Avoid negative people
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, learn from them and keep moving forward
- Choose to be happy, after all – no one else can do that for you
- Never quit when you experience a setback or frustration
- Never compare yourself to others
- Remember not everyone is going to agree with you or like you, but that’s ok
- Keep your thoughts positive
- Acknowledge compliments with thank you
- Associate with supportive people
- Find your passion
- Be yourself and never apologize for it
- True friends support you, not try and take you down with them
- True love is putting the other’s happiness above your own, this works both ways
There are hotlines and help organizations everywhere for those that are needing some kind of help. There are people in this world that do care and will take the time to give you an open hand. It is possible to succeed and to rise above any situation that is pulling you down or making you feel like you are not where you want to be.
There is a site that has a decent size list of hotlines and help organizations that are available to everyone. There is also a list of charities and volunteering for those that want to help others. Quite often helping others is the best cure for your own troubles. Everyone needs someone, you can go through life completely alone but that is your choice not the way is has to be.
You are not alone, I would suggest checking out the list on Life Enrichments Self Improvements Help-Get-Help page. There is also a forum section that discussions of any type can start, it might be helpful to be able to talk to others with similar issues on a web page, being alone isn’t an option. There are too many people around us that do care and want to help.